Wednesday 17 October 2012

YSL Top Secrets Flash Radiance Primer

Whilst routing through my draws in a `shop my stash’ moment, I came across the YSL top secrets primer that I had bought months ago but never really tried (naughty I know)



So I felt like I had a new toy to play with, and seeing as I have a thing for primers at the moment I was delighted. I paid £38.00 for this so it’s one of the higher end primers in my collection; buy does that mean it's the best?

The directions are to apply to dry cleansed skin, you squeeze the tube and the primer squirts into the brush attached to the tube. You then massage this into the skin using the brush and leave for two minutes before applying makeup. I actually quite like the brush on this; it’s soft and leaves the primer evenly applied. However I can see why some people wouldn’t, there are obvious hygiene issues using a brush attached to the product. The brush is probably what bumps the price right up too, I think the majority would prefer to use their own brush and have a cheaper product. 

The alternative of course is to squeeze it out onto your own brush or just use clean fingers.


I have used this with and without moisturiser underneath; personally I find it works better without although I am not too keen on skipping the morning moisturiser. When I use this I will apply moisturiser sparingly to avoid the dreaded dry flaky patches.

It has a soft clean smell, not too over powering and it left the skin nice and silky ready for foundation. I find that my foundation takes a little longer to blend on top of this primer (MAC Matchmaster) but it does create a nice smooth surface and minimises pore visibility. This primer is silicone based, which always concerns me with blocking pores on my oily skin type, however my complexion has not been affected by this.


This primer did not leave me oil free all day; however it did leave my skin looking smooth and dewy. Really I need to use this with a matte foundation as I feel I would get better results with my skin type.

Overall it is nice to use, however I do not think I would purchase again as I feel it does not live up to the price tag.

Have you tried this? What are your thoughts?


9 comments:

  1. Lovely review, looks like an interesting product with the brush, bit pricey though!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a way, I'm glad this product wasn't as good as expected. It's good to see that high street brands can sometimes out-do the more expensive, designer products!
    Great post :)

    lastyearsheroxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely bottle and I really like the idea of the brush lid but it would be better if it was detachable so you can properly clean it. I don't think I would pay that for a primer though - even if I had the money lol.

    Much Love: http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ If you fancy a nosey. I am collecting buttons too, so if you would like me to add yours - let me know. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this. Pricey but good

    ReplyDelete
  5. which is your favorite primer to use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting product but the price is rather scary

    xjoedix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried it, but sounds lovely and i love that it comes with an applicator. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like such a lovely product but I'm not sure I could ever spend £38 on a product like a primer!

    xx

    wearenouvellevague

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need this product so much, biggest yves saint laurent fan ever!!
    helpmakemebeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...