Monday 22 July 2013

Avon Clearskin Clear Emergency - Cream Cleanser, Daily Astringent & Instant Spot Treatment


My skin has been terrible recently, like really bad. IVF treatment, the recent heat wave and a slap dash skin care routine is no doubt to blame. I have been getting a lot of blocked pores recently and also those small pesky under the skin pimples, I needed something to combat the problem and fast.

In a desperate bid to find something on an evening when I was throwing a bad skin paddy (we've all had them) I routed through my stash and found some Avon products. My mum had bought me these as she occasionally does, she feels like she is genetically to blame for my bad skin so sometimes turns up at my house with beauty goodies (bless her). However on this occasion I believe that her Avon selling friend had convinced her to purchase in bulk for either a freebie or discount, in turn I ended up with the excess produce.

Nevertheless I am glad that these items found there way into my beauty draw, they have really helped me get out of a skin pickle. I have never bought Avon before, in fact I would never normally even consider Avon because it seems a bit, well, old? I mean my mum buys it so that says it all really, its a safe option.


However I take back these comments as after using these I am actually quite impressed. I started off using the Clear Emergency Intensive Cream Cleanser followed by the Blemish Clearing Daily Astringent. The cleanser has a fairly thick texture, a bit mask like in fact, but once water is added it goes creamy/milky & also slightly chalky. This has a very cooling/tingly sensation, you really feel like this is getting to work on the skin which personally I really like. Next I used the Blemish Clearing Daily Astringent to remove any last traces of cleanser & oil. This is exactly what it says - an astringent so it is quite strong and contains alcohol, once you smell it you will know! it does do the trick and leaves the skin feeling really clean.

After the first night my husband commented on how clear & bright my skin looked - he said this without ANY prompting and he did not know of my new regime. That is all I had to hear to be sold on this!



The next night I also started using the spot treatment too, which helped to reduce those horrible under the skin pimples. They did not actually go though, I think this is better for whopping on the surface staring right at ya kind of spot.


Now all of these contain salicylic acid (a chorus of YAY from the bad skin sufferers) however I find excessive use of products containing this can start to have a drying effect - especially combined with alcohol like with the astringent. These few Avon products are good for those few days where your skin needs an extra cleansing zit zapping hit, so they (surprisingly) have a place in my emergency box.

Whats even better is that these are cheap - they are on offer at the moment and you can get all three for £6.75!!! shocking


4 comments:

  1. Great post! I have to try the clear skin products!

    purple--flamingo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Avon in my teenage years when I had really bad skin and loved their stuff. My skin looked gorgeous after

    ReplyDelete
  3. .Wow! Thanks for sharing your amazing skincare routine.
    I’ve been searching for others routine where I can get ideas and this one is the best. Well done!
    We should adopt best skincare routine for 100% smoother and clearer face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts about the products you are using .
    I was wondering what are your thoughts about Rodan and Fields skincare products.
    The best 100% smoother and clearer face for healthy skin!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...